Sunday, October 15, 2006

Zebras and Elephants and Giraffes, Oh My!

Went to the Oakland zoo today with Nicki and her little one. It was great; I'd never been to the Oakland zoo. Loved it! There was a baby giraffe frisking about (so cute!), and the chimps were being totally animated and playful, as well as the other monkeys. It was really fun, and what a special thing to experience with a toddler, so willing to demonstrate 'what lions say' and 'what monkeys say'. Can't wait for one of my own. A toddler, that is; not a monkey.

Just about ready to start dinner. Tonight it's more Brussels sprouts, some green beans, some quinoa, and some Irish soda bread. I was going to make soup, but I think I'll save it for tomorrow. It's so gray and chilly outside - it's just a perfect sort of cozy evening. I love it.

Talking with Nick helped me visualize more what kind of creative class I want to teach. Maybe tonight after dinner I can spend some time writing an outline and planning it. I might also collaborate with her on a few things. I really want to help others discover their creativity, also.

And, I need to finish up my first Illustration Friday piece!

Busy, cozy night. No deep thoughts right now, just food and creativity and cozy kitties over here.

No comments: