Thursday, July 20, 2006

Make it stop! Make it stop!!

Oh my god. OK, so things are really TRYING to get better, and I'm really TRYING to put positive thoughts out to the Universe so more good things will come my/our way.

However.

Just heard from Terri. Apparently, because of whatever HR policy thingie, she has been on medical leave too long and they have to fill her position. In other words, she's been let go. I don't quite understand all the details, but what it boils down to is... well, crap. To say the least.

I'm just shaking my head.

I'm HOPING that it all works out so that she can have her back surgery (successfully!) and still do her post-doc (which includes health insurance) and we will only have a month or two of COBRA expenses and whatnot. That's all I can think of, is that the way has been cleared for this path. Or a better one. I mean, COME. ON.

OK, Universe. Here's a challenge. Make all these things end up leading somewhere good. REALLY good. Better than we could ever imagine.

Oh, and please a really healthy, safe, and enjoyable trip down to Santa Barbara and a successful defense.

O Endless Tale of Misfortune, please, please come to an end.

No comments: