Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Adventures In Summer Cuisine

So!

It's the 4th, and in honor of such, we are having Barbequed Chicken and Potato Salad.

We don't own a grill, so on the recommendation of my grill-savvy brother, I went and purchased a George Foreman grill. It makes me laugh, but he swears it works great. So, I have chicken breasts marinating in the fridge, and we'll just have to see.

The potato salad turned out well, too. For the first time ever, I made it with sweet pickle relish. Per Terri's request. And I must say, it's pretty good. I loosely followed my mom's recipe, which calls for dill pickles (and juice). Instead I used sweet pickle relish and some apple cider vinegar. And I let it be a little thicker than she usually makes it. I think it will be good. Lots of dry mustard, celery, olives... we'll see if it passes the Tiger Test.

And, blasphemy, I made brownies from a mix, but it seemed appropriate.

Now, all we need is Miss Terri.

Boom! I hear the first of the illegal fireworks...

No comments: